The Way to Wilderness begins with a single step…
We're eager to assist those in need. Please visit one of the organizations listed on our Partners page. If your family's net annual income does not exceed $85,000, we may be able to help. Complete and submit the form below to apply for a financial grant**. If you'd rather, you can download a printable PDF form and mail it to us for review.
While completing an application does not guarantee a grant, it does create an opportunity for consideration. Qualification can be further discussed during the interview portion of the application process.
PBJF Grant Application
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Applicants will be notified as soon as a decision is reached.
- We provide partial grants only.
- Grant offer is good for 30 days following award notice. After 30 days, the grant offer will expire and applicant will need to re-apply.
- Grant recipients must notify us if they experience a change in financial status and no longer are in need of the grant.
- Grants are non-transferable. Grant recipients must notify us if they decide to not accept the scholarship.
- If further information is needed, a phone interview may be requested.
- Grant requests are open to anyone for whom attending a partner wilderness program would pose a financial hardship.
- Grant recipients are responsible for securing their own travel to and from the selected wilderness program.
- Approved Grant Recipients: With the intention to provide helpful information and feedback to other families and their children in-crisis, it is very important to share our experiences with each other. Upon completion of a partnering wilderness therapy program, participants and their parents or guardians agree to be interviewed, and to provide written or video testimonial of their wilderness experience. Anonymity is respected if requested.
**Additional information is typically required to determine eligibility. This includes two (2) most recent years of income tax returns, two (2) most recent W-2's, and a Personal Financial Statement that includes all assets and their values such as second homes and rental properties. Indebtedness is also considered— including outstanding loans and their values. Grants are provided based on the availability of funds and additional criteria as defined by our foundation board.
The Parker Bounds Johnson Foundation does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
- Is the Application form complete?
- Have you gathered all supplementary material (tax returns, W-2's, check stubs)?
- Have you time available for the telephone interview?